Wow. It’s been a while since I’ve blogged. I have been getting adjusted to Facebook and Twitter. They will not replace my blogging, but I have enjoyed getting in touch with folks I haven’t seen or talked to in years. Though, a few I could have done without.
Anyway, I just want to unload my mind now:
- I hate computers. It seems like I have faced computer difficulties around every corner this summer.
- I love what we do for a living. I have enjoyed the summer to chill out and get ready for what we hope to be a VERY productive and busy Fall.
- I can’t wait to see our new website for All Star Fundraising. We have a final logo, and should have the site up within the next month.
- I love simple church. I love our friends we do life with. These folks challenge me and encourage me. See some pics here.
- Kacey and I are getting ready for trip to Orlando, FL, to meet Frank Viola next week. Should be a great time to hang out and meet new people.
- I am supposed to have a conversation today with a guy who emailed me from Memphis a couple of days ago regarding a network of folks in Memphis who are interested in simple church.
- Kacey and I are praying about starting a new church. We believe it’s close.
- Some friends of ours are about to make some huge changes that will effect us in a big way. Good changes we believe. Can’t share too much yet.
- We are trying to help another new church get started on the other side of the city.
- The CrossLifewebsite will be going through some major changes over the next several months. It will become way less of a “church” website, and more of a network training portal for simple/organic church. We aren’t really sure what that means yet other than the fact we believe this is what God wants us to do with it at this time.
Finally, I have been reading a lot this summer. I will be reviewing some books, but for now, I will just list them:
- “The Monkey and the Fish” by Dave Gibbons
- “The Rabbit and the Elephant” by Tony and Felicity Dale
- “The Stewardship of the Mystery” by T. Austin Sparks
- “God’s Spiritual House” by T. Austin Sparks
- “Prophetic Ministry” by T. Austin Sparks
I am currently reading and very much enjoying “The Normal Christian Life” by Watchman Nee.
That’s about it for now. I am still planning on getting on a blog “schedule” for posting book reviews, meditations, website reviews, and random stuff. Just haven’t figured it out yet…