I must admit I am excited to be a part of a network of “viral” bloggers who get a free book to review on a regular basis. You can find more information on this network and join at: http://viralbloggers.com/.
So, my first book is on the way…
- Only 8 of the 27 books of the New Testament were actually written by the authors to whom they’re attributed. Others are likely forgeries.
- The gospels provide remarkably divergent portrayals of Jesus.
- The message of the Apostle Paul and the message of gospel writer Matthew are completely at odds over the question of whether a follower of Jesus also had to observe the Jewish law.
- The Nicene Creed and the Trinity were constructs of the later church and are not found in the pages of the Bible.
- Traditional doctrines such as the suffering Messiah, the divinity of Christ, and the notion of heaven and hell are not based on the teachings of the historical Jesus.
- The commonly told story of Jesus — his birth, death, and resurrection is actually a composite of four vastly different gospel narratives.
So, yeah, I guess that pretty much sums up what I’ve gotten myself into!! 🙂 I am actually looking forward to reading the book and posting some comments here, so be sure to check back in a couple of weeks…
Btw, here are some links you should check out about the book:
Please note, I don’t post this because I agree, I am confident that I will not agree. I am reading this book to learn.