For anyone wondering, yes, I am still here. I have been very busy lately. I am reading, coaching baseball, working, spending more time with my kiddos and wife, and spending way less time in front of a computer. It’s been good. Here are some random thoughts:
- I am preparing to lead my family through the week of Passover this year by reading through the last week of Jesus’ life (we’ll read a portion on each night), celebrating an actual Passover meal (using an actual Messianic Jewish Liturgy), and celebrating the Feast of the Firstfruits on Easter Sunday (which was always celebrated on the first day of the week after Passover). I have NEVER been this excited about our Savior’s resurrection! BTW, Passover actually begins at sundown on April 8th.
- I am planning a prolonged blog series covering the life of Christ in His Jewish context of the First Century. I am not sure how I will do this yet, but I am looking forward to moving through His life with my family and friends.
- Kacey and I are making some huge business changes. We are fully depending on Father to provide. This has been a season of challenge. I am trying not to worry. We need prayer.
- We have been getting way closer to some of our friends lately. We are planning a multiple family camping trip for next month. I am very much looking forward to this!
- I love baseball. I love coaching, and being a big part of what my kids are doing. I think this season will be lots of fun!